There’s nothing like a sweet treat to enjoy after a tasty meal. At Springmoor we make good use of North Carolina’s state berries: Strawberry, Blueberry & Blackberry. Whether it is a delicious blueberry cobbler topped off with ice cream or a creamy strawberry cheesecake, you can’t go wrong with berry themed sweets!
Here are some resident favorites:
15 min. prep time, 40 min. bake time
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1- 1 ½ cups sugar (divided)
- ½ cup butter (cubed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- In a saucepan, combine the berries, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place butter in a 11×7 baking dish and let it melt in a 350° oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar with flour, baking powder, salt, milk and egg. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon reserved berry mixture over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Makes 10-12 servings.
15 min. prep time, 12 hr. total time
- 3 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packaged graham cracker pie crust
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Beat with electric beater until well blended. Add in eggs and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the pie crust, making sure to level the mixture after you are done pouring it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until just set. When you check the cheesecake, gently jiggle the pan. If the cheesecake moves too much like it’s still gooey, you need to bake it longer.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to sit on a wire rack until completely cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, spread enough strawberry pie filling to lightly cover the cheesecake. Extra pie filling can be used for those who like a little more topping.
If you would like to try some of our delicious treats call us today at 919-234-7626 to schedule your tour!