During the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to suspend our on-campus visitation with families and visitors. We have gone through several changes over the last 7 months that we felt best for all of Springmoor. We have taken all the steps in this process very carefully and deliberately to protect our residents and staff.
We now feel confident in taking the next step in the process by allowing Independent Living visitation in their loved one’s residence. Beginning Monday, September 21st, 2020, we will implement this new policy with the following guidelines.
- All guests will be required to report to the main desk in North Village or South Village. Upon arrival, all guests will have their temperature taken and complete a screening form. If the guest’s temperature reading is above 100 degrees, the guest will not be permitted to continue past this point.
- Guests are required to provide their name, residence number they intend to visit and time of arrival. Guests will then be provided a visitor badge indicating they are registered guests. Guests are required to wear the visitor badge during their visit.
- Guests must wear masks at all times and maintain 6 feet of social distancing during the visit. We request you limit the number of guests to 4 or less.
- Guests will remain in the residence unit during their visit. Guests will not have access to any food service amenities at this time.
- Springmoor reserves the right to stop visitation should we experience a positive COVID case or failure of guests to follow the visitation policy.
With our kitchen renovation complete, we are pleased to announce the new kitchen is fully operational! We are delighted to offer a new menu beginning the week of September 27th with the addition of a new salad bar, always available menu and a special dinner scheduled for October 21st. “Meet the Chef” event is scheduled for late September.
Election Day is around the corner and our on-site precinct will be open for voting. Voting will be held in our auditorium where we can safely practice social distancing. Absentee ballot request forms are available in the Springmoor Library and on the Springmoor Portal.
Due to recent mandatory changes in testing within our health center, we are excited to share that we have no resident cases. This is a huge accomplishment and I am so proud of our staff and residents for their hard work in mitigating the spread of the virus. Window visits are being held and with the increased testing, we remain hopeful that loved ones will soon be able to visit within Stewart Health Center.
As fall approaches and the season changes, we welcome over 25 new residents to our Springmoor family!