When trying to decide on a retirement community, it is important to not only look at the living spaces but the amenities offered. Here at Springmoor, we offer many opportunities for seniors to keep their minds and bodies active. From our new Wellness Center to our library, there is something here for everyone.
We have many recreation areas and craft rooms for residents to enjoy. An indoor swimming pool, putting green, private chapel, bank branch, hair salon, pharmacy services, library, convenience store, multi-purpose space for entertainment and social events, as well as parlors for relaxation and companionship. Springmoor residents also have golfing privileges at Wildwood Green, which is less than 10 minutes away.
With a prime location in North Raleigh, residents of Springmoor can take advantage of various community, state and local activities, including day trips to historical sites or shopping trips to local malls.
If you don’t want to leave the grounds, you can partake in the numerous activities that are planned on campus, including clubs and groups organized around gardening, music, nature, fitness and more. Springmoor residents love our billiards room, parlors, music room, greenways (paved nature trails), on-site library, community garden, greenhouse, swimming pool, exercise room and other amenities.
Springmoor’s library, which is staffed by resident volunteers, is open Monday through Saturday. The collection of books, newspapers, and magazines continues to grow. Also, there is a sizable collection of large print publications and books on tape.
The chapel at Springmoor offers a haven for peaceful reflection and worship amidst the activities of daily life, and is the site of services for residents, as well as weekly services for staff. Open to all who seek a place of quiet retreat, the chapel also serves as a place of community worship for small groups of residents. Clergy from Raleigh-area churches join with parishioners who live at Springmoor for worship within various denominational groups. Small memorial gatherings and occasional weddings may be held in the chapel. Springmoor’s own Rev. Phyllis Mayo and Rev. Beth Roberts are always on hand to help residents in any way they can.
Springmoor’s new Pathways Wellness Center is an exceptional amenity. The brand-new structure includes a salt-water lap-pool, new exercise equipment, a movement room, spa, beauty salon and more. For whatever level of physical activity one can enjoy, the wellness center staff can help set up a personal program for them.
Besides the multiple amenities to enjoy here, the services offered are also a great benefit for the residents who live here. They include:
- Guaranteed residence for life
- Use of the on-site Stewart Health Center for outpatient and inpatient care
- Springmoor Comprehensive Health Care Program covers most medical expenses
- Physical security through around-the-clock staffing
- All maintenance and repairs except to your personal property
- Care of lawn and grounds
- One meal a Day (homes, villas and apartments)
- Three meals a day (Supportive Living Center and Health Center)
- Special diet requested by a physician
- 24-hour emergency call service and health care
- All utilities: electric, water, local telephone, gas
- Maid service
- Bed linens and their laundering
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, activities and medical appointments
- Central smoke and fire system
- Use of grounds for exercise, recreation and relaxation
- 60-channel Time Warner Cable
Whatever your needs or interests, you can find it here at Springmoor! So come and visit us to learn more!