Rightsizing Tips for Making the Move into Retirement Living
By Kathleen Loescher, Springmoor marketing and relocation coordinator
Your home holds a lifetime of memories and Springmoor Life Care Retirement Community
knows that just the thought of sorting through piles of possessions to move to a retirement community can be overwhelming. Luckily, there are plenty of resources available to help make moving less of a daunting task and to help you “rightsize” to move into your new home.
Julie Kopetsky, president of Your Next Move
, has five helpful tips when it comes to clearing out a house for a move:
- Talk with your family: It’s important to determine what is most important for you to move to your new home.
- Name a coordinator: Ask an organized family member to oversee the entire cleaning operation. If the house is being sold, consider naming a family member to coordinate the selling process.
- Start small: Protect your sanity by breaking the house down into manageable portions. Clean one room at a time over a period of days.
- Sort the stuff. Place items into one of three piles:
Things to donate or sell
c. Things to trash
- Don’t lose focus. Don’t get so focused on cleaning out the house that you neglect your move into a new home. It’s a great idea to have everything prepared before the first night’s stay.
Springmoor also works closely with Beth Wenhart of Carolina Relocation and Transition Specialists
to ensure that everything is
prepared before your first night’s stay in your new residence. She and her team meticulously plan and coordinate the details of the move, from packing to unpacking and everything in between to create as seamless a transition as possible.
Additionally, Springmoor has begun to offer new finishes for its residences including new cabinets, quartz kitchen countertops with stainless steel sink, luxury vinyl plank flooring, high quality STAINMASTER carpet, luxury vinyl tile flooring, cultured marble bathroom countertops, and your choice of Sherwin Williams paint to completely customize your new residence. Model apartments are available for touring as well, furnished with excellent examples of how to outfit even the coziest alcove floor plan.
Photos show new finishes offered at Springmoor, as well as model alcoves.
To find out more about Springmoor Life Care Retirement Community, check out our website and find us on Facebook.